Irving Non-Disclosure Attorney

Living with a criminal record is difficult, and effects many areas of your life for a considerable period of time. Your record may stop you from gaining the employment you want, renting accommodation, obtaining training from educational establishments, and holding certain professional licenses, and limit your ability to own a gun. If you have been arrested for, or convicted of a crime, there are, in certain circumstances, measures you can take to clean your record, and as you can see it is in your interests to do everything you can to do so.

If you petition the court for non-disclosure of your criminal record, if you are successful, it will effectively mean the judge will make an order that will seal details of your criminal past, and prevented access by members of the public, for example potential employers or business partners. As you can see this is an enormous advantage, and if possible it is well worth undertaking this process. Whilst it is not appropriate for everyone, this type of non-disclosure order is common if probation in addition to a deferred ruling was offered in your case.

If you think that a petition for non-disclosure is appropriate in your case then contact The Goolsby Law Firm for help. Attorney Mike Goolsby can tell you if it is possible for you to clean your record in this way. Even if it isn’t there are many other avenues that can be explored to achieve a similar result. One mistake should not taint your life for ever, and this is one way of starting fresh with a clean slate without the millstone of a criminal record hanging around your neck.

Mike Goolsby and The Goolsby Law Firm strongly believe that one mistake should not ruin the rest of your life, and one measure you can take to help put things right, if convicted, is to seek a nondisclosure order from the court. This will effectively offer you a fresh start and a second chance without the stain of a criminal record following you.

Before you can file a petition with the court for a non-disclosure order you must fulfill certain criteria, and these will very depending on your specific situation. A certain amount of time will have to past, conditions of your sentence must be fully discharged, and you must have not committed any other crimes in this time period. In Texas on a misdemeanor crime is this period will be two years, and in the case of felony this is extended to 5 years, but in certain circumstances will not be available.

If granted a non-disclosure order will allow you to start with a clean slate. This type of order does not prevent certain government agencies and law enforcement officials from accessing your record if you re-offend but will prevent casual inquiries being informed of your criminal convictions, for example potential employers or business partners.

Legal options and procedures surrounding filing a petition of nondisclosure are very complex. You will need professional advice and representation if this is your goal. Call The Goolsby Law Firm today for a free consultation, you can ask any questions regarding your nondisclosure petition, including if it is even possible in your case, if not there are often other routes that can be taken. Call today discretion is assured.