Fort Worth Non-Disclosure Attorney

Any type of criminal record can have a serious impact on your everyday life, affecting your employment prospects, ability to own a gun, rent property, get finance, limit your educational opportunities, and many other problems. Obviously if you can clean your record and start fresh and avoid these problems it will be an enormous advantage to you. A one-time mistake should not have an impact on the rest of your life, and everyone deserves a second chance. Luckily there are ways to do this, and clean your record to start again. One way to do this is to petition the court for a non-disclosure order.

If you petition the court for non-disclosure of your criminal record, if you are successful, it will effectively mean the judge will make an order that will seal details of your criminal past, and prevented access by members of the public, for example potential employers or business partners. As you can see this is an enormous advantage, and if possible it is well worth undertaking this process. Whilst it is not appropriate for everyone, this type of non-disclosure order is common if probation in addition to a deferred ruling was offered in your case.

Petitioning the court for non-disclosure of your record will require specific legal procedure to be followed, and can be quite complex. To achieve success you will need the help of a qualified and experienced criminal defense lawyer. In the North Texas and Fort Worth area The Goolsby Law Firm can help in this matter. With two decades of experience, and as a prior criminal trial lawyer for the District attorney’s office, Mike Goolsby has the expertise and knowledge required to successfully petition the court for a non-disclosure order for you.

Attorney Mike Goolsby can help you to realize the best course to take to clean your record. A non-disclosure order is not appropriate in every case, however, if this is your situation then there are other options you can take to clean your record. The Goolsby Law Firm is familiar with all of the options available and can advise you of the best course of action for you.

Before you can file a petition with the court for a non-disclosure order you must fulfill certain criteria, and these will vary depending on your specific situation. A certain amount of time will have to past, conditions of your sentence must be fully discharged, and you must have not committed any other crimes in this time period. In Texas on a misdemeanor grade crime is this period will be two years, and in the case of felony this is extended to 5 years, but in certain circumstances will not be available.

If granted a non-disclosure order will stop people viewing your record, and will allow you to start with a clean slate. Certain government agencies will still be able to view items however especially if you re-offend. In the North Texas or Fort Worth area call The Goolsby Law Firm for help with any matter when trying to clean your criminal record. We offer a completely free consultation where you can ask any questions about the process and discover if it is appropriate in your situation. Call today, complete discretion is assured.