Denton Expungement Lawyer

When you are arrested for a crime in the state of Texas, there is a public record that is created and forwarded by the police to the Department of Public Safety. It is then entered into the database of the TCIC or Texas Crime Information Center, which in turn is forwarded to NCIC or National Crime Information Center. This criminal record quickly gains its own life that could make it very difficult for you in the future. The reason is because your criminal record can be accessed by future employers who perform background checks before hiring an employee or by landlords before providing a lease. If you are planning on getting further education, your criminal record could be accessed by colleges, which perform background checks as part of their acceptance procedure.

Even if you are proven innocent, a criminal record could be enough to make future employers and landlords avoid you. However, there is a legal remedy to the problem called expungement.

Upon a petition, the court could order particular law enforcement agencies to destroy every record that is associated with your arrest and subsequent prosecution. On many occasions, law enforcement agencies are specifically ordered to destroy police and prosecution reports, jail records and court files. If successful, you can lawfully deny that you have ever been arrested or charged with the offense that was expunged.

The law firm of Attorney Mike Goolsby can help you get your good name back and have a clear record if you have a criminal case which was declined, dismissed, resulted to deferred adjudication or given a not guilty judgment. We will file the petition for expunction that will expunge or destroy your criminal record. It will take several months to complete the process but the outcome would be well worth your effort. Call us at The Goolsby Law Firm right away to find out if you are eligible for Expungement.

If you have been found guilty of some types of offenses that include class A misdemeanor, class B misdemeanor and certain felonies, and you have been given and completed a deferred adjudication, you are allowed by law to prevent any disclosure of your criminal record to the public. Licensing agencies though as well as private entities that is responsible for security and safety would still have access to the information.

If an order of nondisclosure is signed by the judge, the Department of Public Safety as well as other public agencies will be forbidden to release information about your criminal case. If you have been given probation and you have completed it already, call the Denton area lawyers The Goolsby Law Firm to find out if you are qualified to file a nondisclosure petition.

The order of nondisclosure can start at once after you have completed your probation for most cases of misdemeanor. In some misdemeanors, you will have to wait for two years and five years for certain felonies, before you can qualify.

If you like to have your criminal records expunge from public view, you should discuss your case with an aggressive and experienced expungement lawyer from The Goolsby Law Firm as soon as you can.