Allen Non-Disclosure Attorney

There isn’t any question that coping with a criminal record creates many problems, and may influence many areas of your day-to-day life. It may stop you getting the career you want, holding professional licenses, owning a gun, and other problems. Additionally it’s a matter of public record, accessible to any potential employers or business partners to examine. There are actually a number of measures you can take to clean your record, this will never occur automatically, however in certain situations a petition for non-disclosure can assist you to achieve this.

A petition for non-disclosure from the court allows the judge to effectively seal your criminal record and stop it from being visible to the public. This can often be available to people that were convicted of crime and probation was offered along with a deferred ruling.

If you think that a petition for non-disclosure is appropriate in your case then contact The Goolsby Law Firm for help. Attorney Mike Goolsby can tell you if it is possible for you to clean your record in this way. Even if it isn’t there are many other avenues that can be explored to achieve a similar result. One mistake should not taint your life for ever, and this is one way of starting fresh with a clean slate without the millstone of a criminal record hanging around your neck.

The procedures involved in petitioning the court for a nondisclosure order can be quite complex, and this procedure is never automatic regardless of your situation. You will need professional legal help with this matter, in the Dallas or Allen area the best person to go to is criminal defense lawyer Mike Goolsby at The Goolsby Law Firm. Mike Goolsby has two decades of experience, and the knowledge and expertise to prepare a petition for nondisclosure for the court for you. With the professional legal services of The Goolsby Law Firm you have a much greater chance of success, than if you were attempting to do it on your own.

To be successful you must satisfy certain criteria before a petition for nondisclosure can be filed. Under Texas law you must wait a period of two years after you have received discharge and dismissal from your misdemeanor conviction before you are able to file this type of petition to the court. During this period you must also have not committed any other crime. In the case of felonies the period may be five years after receiving similar dismissal discharge before you can file for nondisclosure.

A clean record is something that is a massive advantage in your life, and The Goolsby Law Firm can help you and offer a free consultation where you can discuss your options and if a nondisclosure petition is appropriate in your case. There are other options available to clean your record and Mike Goolsby can inform you of these and the best option available to you depending on your particular circumstances. Call today complete discretion is assured.