My Girlfriend Wants To Drop The Assault Charge Against Me

This is something I hear on almost a daily basis.  Unfortunately, neither the police nor the district attorney’s office cares if your girlfriend or wife wants to drop the case.

In many cases they will tell her to come in and fill out what is known as an affidavit of non prosecution.  Common sense would tell you that this is a way to get the case to go away.  It is not.  I tell my clients it can actually hurt their case and recommend that if your ultimate goal is to win the case in trial or to get the case dismissed, the less contact your wife or girlfriend has with the police or district attorney’s office the better.

If you need help getting your family or domestic violence case dropped in the Dallas area, call me at (972) 394-2141.